Transportation Specialist / Driver
Clermont Park Retirement Community is looking to fill a Full Time Transportation Specialist I position. We are looking for someone who is energetic and possesses strong people skills. Prefer one year minimum driving skills with Seniors. Must be flexible and be willing to learn.
This position is generally Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Salary Range is $13.00 - $15.28 based on experience.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Twelve (12) months experience driving Senior Adults preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of streets in Denver-metro area and ability to navigate to directed destinations.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess an active Colorado MVR in good standing.
Essential duties of the position
- Drives residents to and from specified destinations as scheduled including medical appointments, Rehab appointments, various forms of shopping, and other errands. Assists other departments if/when feasibly possible.
- When transporting residents, monitors impression of their overall well being and reports observations as needed to the supervisor.
- Responsible for continuous education of job skills through CLC University and On-The-Job training with other qualified drivers.
- Ensures that Driver and Motor Vehicle policy guidelines are followed.
- Develops, presents and audits reports as directed by the Transportation Director.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions & Physical demands of the Job
- Position requires moderate physical work by lifting, pushing, or pulling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- May be exposed to mechanical hazards from operating company vehicles.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with families, volunteers, residents and numerous other staff members.