Registered Nurse -PRN
Our Someren Glen Community is seeking a PRN / On Call Registered Nurse.
We offer 12 hour shifts 5 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Day Shift, as well as the 5 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. Night Shift.
Salary Range: Minimum: $28.00/hour - Maximum: $34.30/hour
Below is the Job Description for this position:
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementing and evaluating all aspects of resident care in order to meet the total needs of residents and to maintain care in accordance with State and Federal Law and facility policies and procedures.
- Communicate with other nursing staff, physician, pharmacist, family members etc., on resident’s status.
- Listen to resident, family or physician concerns and initiate corrective action and/or report concerns to appropriate personnel.
- Attend appropriate Resident Care conferences; maintain Resident Care Plans ensuring accuracy and relevancy.
- Prepare, administer and document medications according to physician orders; systematically order medications as needed and ensure that expired medications are replaced.
- Document patient care issues appropriately and report them to personnel as required.
- Recognize and identify signs and symptoms and use initiative and proper judgment in selecting appropriate treatment or procedures.
- Responsible for the immediate supervision and direction of ancillary personnel. Initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Colorado Registered Nursing License, in good standing.
- Advanced training in geriatrics preferred.
- 1-year experience in a long-term care facility preferred.
- 1-year experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.