MDS Specialist LPN Part Time
Clermont Park Healthcare Suites is looking for an LPN to join the team as the MDS Specialist in a part time role. As part of the Nursing Leadership Team, this position will also have management and leadership expectations as part of their role in the Community.
Schedule we are looking to fill: Days and Hours are flexible/20 hours per week. It is possible to pick up additional shifts if wanted.
Hiring Wage Range: Minimum: $22.00/Hour - Maximum $26.40/Hour.
Teams with the multiple departments to conduct and coordinate the development, completion, and implementation of relevant updates of the resident assessment and care plan in accordance with the requirements of this state and the policies and goals of Christian Living Communities. This position will monitor and guide the completion of PPS, OBRA and assessments of RAPs and Triggers. Performs the functions of a nurse when required. Participates in and supports leadership with actions related to surveys and inspections made by authorized government agencies.
- Oversees and evaluates the gathering of information for assessments and care plans. Schedules and facilitates care plan conferences.
- Monitors and guides the completion of PPS, OBRA assessments, Triggers and RAPs
- Maintains and periodically updates written policies and procedures that govern the development, use, and implementation of the resident assessment (MDS) and care plan
- Responsible for the timely and accurate transmission of completed MDS to appropriate parties on a weekly basis; maintains 15 months of completed MDS on all residents for surveyors
- Performs assigned duties as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Performs the role of a nurse when needed and as assigned
- Performs administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, and evaluations, studies, etc., as necessary
- Develops and maintains an ongoing quality assurance program for the resident assessment and care plans
- Participates in on-site surveys made by authorized government agencies
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, with a current, unencumbered LPN license
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of managerial experiences in a hospital or nursing care
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to prove care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
- Schedule flexibility
- Able to problem solve independently when warranted, demonstrates knowledge of medical practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and nursing care communities
- Basic knowledge with office software applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Communicates with clients, family members and staff frequently.
- Interacts with residents, family members and visitors frequently