Float Pool Licensed Practical Nurse ($22.00-$26.40)
This LPN position is for our Staffing Resources Department Float Pool. Our Float LPN's serve all of our Communities in a variety of levels of care including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Memory Support and Home Care Services. This position is a PRN/OnCall position, available hours are dependent upon your availability and available shifts. Our Communities have 8 as well as 12 hour shifts throughout the organization.
Salary Range: Minimum: $22.00/hour - Maximum: $26.40/hour
Below is the Job Description for this position:
Provides professional nursing services for residents. Provides clinical services to residents residing in skilled nursing, assisted living, and memory support in all of the Organization’s communities and on all shifts. Is expected to fill in for pre-existing shifts as well as "call out" shift vacancies, by floating between different departments and communities and filling in on both long-term and short term assignments. Coordinates and documents care and services based on resident needs and individual preferences as determined by ongoing assessment and evaluation. Leads coworkers, with education-based expertise, to provide a holistic and person-centered model of care for residents. Responsible for the day to day administration of established policies and programs and supervises direct caregivers.
* Responsible for initiating resident-centered care plans. Continuously evaluates and updates resident-centered care plans with input from the residents, families, and the care planning team.
* Listens to resident, family, and/or physician concerns and initiates corrective action.
* Recognizes and identifies signs and symptoms and uses initiative and proper judgment in coordinating interventions.
* Communicates with other nursing staff, physician, pharmacist, resident, family member and others with need to know on resident’s status.
* Ensures protection of resident privacy and confidentiality.
* Responsible to provide Life Enrichment opportunities to improve the quality of Resident life.
* Prepares, administers, and documents medications according to physician orders and selected resident service packages. Ensures that needed medications are available and expired medications are destroyed per protocol.
* Keeps resident at highest level of functioning possible by coordinating therapy and services as needed.
* Communicates any concerns, incidents, and progress of residents to all relevant parties.
* Documents assessment findings, interventions, and follow-up.
* Supervises, coaches, and disciplines nursing support staff and reports staff concerns to the Health Services Director.
* Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
* Licensed Practical Nurse licensed in the State of Colorado that is active and in good standing.
* 1-2 years experience in an assisted living or skilled nursing setting preferred.
* Experience in caring for residents with dementia a plus.
* Advanced relevant education or certification required. Examples include: Eden Associates or Alzheimer’s and dementia certifications, wound care programs, management education.
* 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
?? Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
* Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Must have computer word processing, email management and database
* Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License in good standing and reliable transportation
* Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
* Exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
* Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.
* Must be flexible, adaptable, and have excellent communication skills