Holly Creek is looking to fill the position of Executive Director for our top performing, incredible Continuing Care Retirement Community. This 12 year old community is 99% occupied with 198 life care apartment homes, 40 assisted living and memory support apartments, 24 skilled nursing suites with a 5 star rating, plus 24 Cottages. Holly Creek a Masterpiece Living community focused on whole person wellness and successful aging.
We are seeking an experienced, innovative leader to continue this community’s pursuit of cultural and operational distinction. Holly Creek is one of four Denver based continuing care campuses run by a Colorado faith based not for profit, Christian Living Communities.
After reading the below summary and requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements in this application.
The Executive Director provides leadership and management practices to ensure the mission and core values of Christian Living Communities are put into practice. Oversees multiple areas of service such as independent housing, skilled nursing and assisted living within a CCRC and is responsible for the supervision of the Associate Executive Director or Nursing Home Administrator of that service area. Directs all operational and budget planning. Directs the delivery of all residential, hospitality and healthcare services and is accountable for financial and budget compliance, quality services, resident occupancy levels and resident satisfaction.
Responsible for ensuring maximum quality of service for the residents according to the mission of Christian Living Communities. Develops, oversees and monitors for compliance operating and capital budgets as integrated elements of the Christian Living Communities Annual Plan. Promotes quality of life and exceptional customer service. Promotes and fosters unity, transparency and consistency in people and programs. Member of the Operations Team.
Oversees the operation and delivery of services of the community departments.
Ensures the resident’s life care contract is fulfilled according to the terms of the agreement.
In compliance with the Company’s policies, is responsible for interviewing, hiring, developing, supervising and following the Company’s performance management policy with staff.
- In collaboration with the Director of Sales and Marketing, oversees the marketing and admission/move in functions to ensure occupancy goals are met. Uses expertise to continually assess economic indicators, marketplace conditions and residents needs to determine strategy needed to achieve targeted goals.
- Responsible for overseeing all agreements and contracts with vendors for required services within the scope of their authority and in compliance with corporate guidelines. Reviews competitive bids and approves major contracts and purchases. Ensures high quality is provided.
- Develops new programs and evaluates current programs to enhance the welfare of the residents/clients Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of the processes in the entities supervised.
- Responsible for establishing and communicating the Community’s Standards of Service and ensures standards are practiced on a consistent basis.
- Promotes education and a teaching/learning environment.
- Responsible for developing an achievable annual Community strategic plan, operating budget and performance is managed to meet or exceed projections.
- Ensures all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Promotes unity among Christian Living Communities and programs.
- Regularly monitors buildings and grounds to ensure they are attractive, safe and in good repair.
- Establishes and develops effective relationships with residents, families, independent contractors, volunteers, Board members, community groups, and trade organizations.
- As a member of the Executive Team, leads and/or participates in various committees, task forces and work groups. Authors corporate and facility based policies as required.
- Develops meaningful resident engagement through support to resident governments
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Sought
- Bachelors Degree in Public Health Administration, Business Administration or other related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of an unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license in the State of Colorado preferred.
- 5 or more years experience in a senior related field, LTC administration, SNF or A/L preferred.
- Knowledge of third party reimbursement systems helpful.
- Experience in personnel management, relationship sales, strategic and operational planning required.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in the use of relevant technology applicable for the position.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English).
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.