Director of Nursing
The Nursing Team at Holly Creek is seeking an RN to join our dynamic care team as our Director of Nursing.
Exempt Position with Associate Executive Benefits.
If your availability,experience and energy match what we are looking for, we want to talk to you!
The Director of Nursing is responsible for administration of all Nursing Services. Directs, plans and coordinates service activities of professional nursing and ancillary nursing personnel in providing resident care. Interprets policy and regulations to all nursing personnel and ensures compliance. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services to ensure quality of resident care.
- Is responsible for having a thorough understanding of federal and state laws and regulations (and interpretation). Must be able to incorporate and implement them into nursing policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Ensures that the nursing department staff remains current in the provision of senior care services, utilizing any and all necessary resources in the area of education/staff development.
- Attends and participates in pertinent facility and organizational committee meetings. Chairs committees as assigned or ensures that an appropriate designee chairs as necessary.
- Counsels with appropriate individuals as necessary and appropriate.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, developing, supervising, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining employees within the department. Establishes and ensures that staffing levels and scheduling patterns are adequate and appropriate.
- Monitors and reports and responds to incidents and accidents as appropriate. Communicates with appropriate parties as required.
- Assist with the development of the annual nursing budget and monitors expenses throughout the year.
- Responsible for the assessment process for prospective new residents and in house transfers.
- Ensures availability of adequate and appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Registered Nurse License, in good standing in the state of Colorado.
- Advanced education and/or training preferred.
- 3-years experience in a Long Term Care facility.
- 3-years experience in Long Term Care Nursing management; Director of Nursing experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of skilled nursing facility operation state and federal laws and regulations preferred.
- Must have computer word processing and database experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Light physical activity required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other communicable diseases.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.