Clinical Liaison Full Time with Benefits
Christian Living Communities is looking for a Clinical Liaison to join our exceptional clinical team. This position allows weekends off and no on call. Perfect for a self motivated and ambitious individual that is looking for a rewarding career that services successful hospital transitions of care to one of our skilled rehabilitation communities.
If your availability, experience and energy match what we are looking for, we want to talk to you!
Schedule we are looking to fill: Generally Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. Some flexibility is required.
Exempt Position with Director Benefits.
The Clinical Liaison’s primary purpose is to build and grow the sub-acute census in our skilled nursing communities. Additionally the Liaison is responsible for outreach marketing to strengthen and grow our various business lines. Excellence in establishing and maintaining relationships with referral sources and community teams is crucial to the success of this role. This self-directed person will exercise independent judgment in assessing potential residents and our current residents in the hospitals and recommend placement from the hospitals back to our skilled nursing communities or to the appropriate settings within our Organization. The Clinical Liaison is responsible for initiating, maintaining, and growing ongoing professional contacts with area hospitals, physicians and other service providers for the purpose of increasing potential residents’ assessments and admissions. The Liaison will serve as a point of contact for residents, families, and the health care team members concerning admissions. The Clinical Liaison will identify, and analyze referral trends in the marketplace, and the Liaison will relay these findings to the CLC team. The Clinical Liaison will work with the internal teams to develop smooth and efficient admissions.
- Rounds regularly in all primary hospitals for the purpose of assessing referrals, residents and generating new referrals.
- Analyzes changes in the hospital setting and referral trends- then develops and implements strategies to best position CLC to be responsive to the changes.
- Builds strong professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Appraises and educates referral sources and hospital staff on the availability of Christian Living Communities services and other resources, assuring complete, continuous and appropriate resident care.
- Utilizes critical thinking and clinical skills to make multiple on-site pre-admission assessments and recommendations for admissions.
- Exercises exemplary judgment in making admissions decisions "on the spot" when appropriate.
- Utilizes all available technologies to market as well as access health information needed in the decision-making process.
- Leads and models collaborative and supportive behaviors between and among all CLC business entities (i.e. Cappella Living Solutions and all Rhythms service lines.)
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Nursing, social work or related degree in good standing
- Minimum of two years experience as a successful Clinical Liaison or comparable outreach marketing role required
- Successful sales and marketing experience in achieving/exceeding sales goals
- Proven knowledge in case management, marketing and business development across multiple service lines
- Proven working knowledge of current reimbursement programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care
- Strong knowledge of governmental home health regulations; Medicare/CMS requirements preferred
- Excellent communication, collaboration and mediation skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Outlook
- Ability and to learn and be comfortable with new technologies necessary for marketing as well as gaining health information access
- Must be able to drive to defined sites in the area
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must possess a Colorado MVR in good standing with reliable personal transportation
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.