Certified Nursing Assistant Day Shift
Our Nursing Services Team of Professionals at our Suites at Someren Glen community is looking for Certified Nursing Assistants that pride themselves in providing quality care and services to seniors in a variety of levels of care. As a critical care partner on the Nursing Team, our CNA's are valued and are an essential part of the everyday care planning and implementation of delivering individualized resident health needs.
We embrace CNA's as the professionals they are, and provide a variety of opportunities for those looking to be career CNA's as well as those looking for a career path in the nursing field. Just some of the benefits we provide include:
- A robust paid time off package for both full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you are encouraged to embrace residents and their family members.
- Generous Scholarship and Tuition Debt Reduction opportunities available.
- A variety of schedules, including 8 and 12 hour shifts, as well as Days, Nights and Evenings.
- Shift Differential for Nights.
If you are looking to work in a Community where your natural talent to care for people can be appreciated, valued and recognized, you may want to consider reading further about this job, and applying with us.
Schedule we are currently looking to fill: Week 1 - Mon, Wed, Sat / Week 2 - Sun, Mon, Fri 6:00am-6:30pm
Hiring Wage Range: Minimum $13.00 - Maximum $15.30 (based on experience - those with verifiable and qualifying experience may be considered for higher than the maximum hiring wage).
Position Summary: Certified Nursing Assistants perform or assist resident personal hygiene and activities of daily living that are appropriate to meet their individual needs. Responsible for providing resident care and services that encompasses their whole being: social, emotional, mental, spiritual and physical. Certified Nursing Assistants provide daily interaction with residents, visitors, fellow associates and ensure the highest quality care and resident engagement possible.
- Must be a current Colorado Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must successfully pass a strength test.
Essential Duties of the Certified Nursing Assistant:
- Responsible for the daily direction and/or assistance of resident's activities of daily living.
- Learns resident's preferences in order to personalize the care that is delivered.
- Responsible for accurate documentation and prompt reporting of discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for knowing and properly applying safety, infection control and risk management procedures.
- Communicate on a regular basis with immediate supervisor regarding resident's status and condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Position requires medium-heavy physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling objects up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up in excess of 45 pounds of force repeatedly to move objects.
- Stands and walks constantly during working hours with occasional sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder height and fine motor control with fingers. Also requires grasping.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens, body excretions and communicable disease.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors and fellow team members frequently.