Assisted Living Care Partner Evening Shift Part Time
We are looking for vibrant and dynamic Caregiver to join the team at our newest community, Dayspring Villa in North Denver. If you are a compassionate, caring person who enjoy serving others, this is the job for you. These are just a few of the benefits that we provide:
- A robust paid time off accrual for both full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you are encouraged to embrace residents and their family members.
- Generous Scholarship opportunities to help advance your career, whatever that may look like.
- Generous Shift Differential for Nights.
- The opportunity to be on a team with a Health and Wellness Director that values our caregivers and supports their daily interaction with residents.
If you are looking to work in a Community where your natural talent to care for people can be appreciated, valued and recognized, you may want to consider reading further about this job, and applying with us.
Schedule we are currently looking to fill: Week I - Mon, Tues, Sat / Week 2 - Sun, Mon, Tues (rotating weekends) 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Although this is the current schedule that we are looking to fill, please understand that schedules may change according to the needs and demands of the Community.
Hiring wage range for this job : Minimum $12.17 - Maximum $14.00 (based on experience - those with verifiable years and qualifying experience as well as excellent references may be considered for higher than the maximum wage listed)
Position Summary: Responsible for meeting the daily personal care needs of the residents in a manner that aligns with CLC’s mission and values. Anticipates, identifies and reports care needs. Supervises medications for residents using established procedures under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Reviews medication administration records (MAR) and administers medications to right resident, right dose, right time, right medication, and right route.
Basic Qualifications & Experience Needed:
- Medication certification (QMAP)as per Colorado regulations
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- High school or Equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year experience in some level of elder care preferred
- Proficient computer skills preferred
- Strong self-management and organization skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to handle competing deadlines, flexible and adaptable (open to change).
- Ability to effectively handle difficult and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely manner and provides assistance with ADLs as requested by residents or directed by supervisor.
- Provides personal care services to residents such as assistance with bathing, dressing, attendance at meals, laundry, etc. with attention to individual resident needs (i.e., hair is combed, shoes are tied, oral hygiene, etc.)
- Anticipates and identifies any resident care needs and reports to supervisor (i.e., hygiene needs, broken eye glasses, skin rash, lost hearing aids, supply needs, etc.).
- Responds to the needs of family members as appropriate
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and/or peers to promote awareness of resident issues.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of residents
- Reports suspicion of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of resources as required by regulation.
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise, to supervisor.
- Monitors and documents resident’s condition as directed.
- Assists residents with prescribed daily medication routine as appropriate and in accordance with state law.
- Alerts RN/LPN and/or supervisor of any questions or concerns with medication records/supply.
- Ensures that proper documentation occurs timely including any refusal of medication and/or treatment.
- Restocks medication carts, drawers and/or storage areas with miscellaneous supplies only (i.e. gloves, sanitizer cups, etc.)
- Completes work orders to communicate necessary replacements or repairs.
- Attends, participates and contributes to monthly staff meetings addressing resident and departmental needs
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Constant standing, walking, and grasping. Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling, and squatting.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
- Possible exposure to household chemicals.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with clients, family members and visitors frequently.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: oTLETkvy3q