Transportation Specialist / Driver
Holly Creek Retirement Community is looking to fill a Full Time Transportation Specialist I position. We are looking for someone who is energetic and possesses strong people skills. Prefer one year minimum driving skills with Seniors.
This position is generally Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary Range is $13.00 - $15.28 based on experience.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Twelve (12) months experience driving Senior Adults preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of streets in Denver-metro area and ability to navigate to directed destinations.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess an active Colorado MVR in good standing.
Essential duties of the position
- Drives residents to and from specified destinations as scheduled including medical appointments, Rehab appointments, various forms of shopping, and other errands. Assists other departments if/when feasibly possible.
- When transporting residents, monitors impression of their overall well being and reports observations as needed to the supervisor.
- Responsible for continuous education of job skills through CLC University and On-The-Job training with other qualified drivers.
- Ensures that Driver and Motor Vehicle policy guidelines are followed.
- Develops, presents and audits reports as directed by the Transportation Director.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions & Physical demands of the Job
- Position requires moderate physical work by lifting, pushing, or pulling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- May be exposed to mechanical hazards from operating company vehicles.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with families, volunteers, residents and numerous other staff members.