Resident Services Specialist
The Resident Services Specialist serves as a liaison between Residents and Community resources. Below is the specific job description for this position - if you feel you meet the qualifications and requirements and your availability meets the schedule feel free to apply.
This position is Full Time: Monday through Friday, Generally 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Minimum Salary: $22.00 / hour - Maximum Salary: $26.40 / hour
Below is the specific job description for this position - if you feel you meet the qualifications and requirements and your availability meets the schedule feel free to apply.
Responsible for informing residents and families of available health and support services. Develops and maintains contacts with service providers and agencies for resident referrals. Provides education for residents on available services and regularly monitors provision of services. Promotes a continuum of care for residents and facilitates care transitions for residents.
- Conducts initial assessment subsequent to move-in and periodic assessments as needed to determine residents’ capacity for successful Residential Living.
- Monitors the delivery of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
- Provides limited case management needs for a resident when the general service community is not providing such service.
- Educates residents on service availability, application procedures, resident rights, etc. both individually and as a group.
- Refers residents to volunteer support group programs with service organizations in the community.
- Assists management in identifying residents who need assistance and may help in coordinating that assistance.
- Maintains individual resident files and documents all pertinent information.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s in Social Worker, Master’s in Applied Gerontology or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years working with senior adults, preferably in an assisted living or independent housing community.
- Able to effectively respond in crises.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with families, residents, and numerous other staff members.