MDS Coordinator RN
The Suites at Someren Glen is looking for an Full Time Registered Nurse to join the team as the MDS Coordinator.
As part of the Nursing Leadership Team, this position will also have management and leadership expectations as part of their role in the Community.
Generally Monday - Friday | 40 Hours Per Week.
Salary Range: $58,240 - $71,344 per year (Based on Experience & Exempt Level Work Expectations - those with excellent verifiable references and work experiences above 5 years may be considered for higher than the above maximum wage indicated.) This is an exempt position.
Teams with the multiple departments to conduct and coordinate the development, completion, and as needed updates of the resident assessment and care plan in accordance with the requirements of this state and the policies and goals of Christian Living Communities. This position will monitor and guide the completion of PPS, OBRA and assessments of RAPs and Triggers. Performs the functions of a nurse when required. Participates with surveys and inspections made by authorized government agencies.
- Oversees and evaluates the gathering of information for assessments and care plans, schedules and facilitates care plan conferences
- Monitors and guides the completion of PPS, OBRA assessments, Triggers and RAPs
- Maintains and periodically updates written policies and procedures that govern the development, use, and implementation of the resident assessment (MDS) and care plan
- Transmit completed MDS to appropriate parties on a weekly basis; maintains 15 months of completed MDS on all residents for surveyors
- Assess prospective residents in conjunction with other team members; able to work on an interdisciplinary team
- Performs the function of a nurse when needed
- Performs administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, and evaluations, studies, etc., as necessary
- Develop and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the resident assessment and care plans
- Participates in on-site surveys made by authorized government agencies
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience Desired
- Currently licensed and unencumbered as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Should have a minimum of two (2) years of managerial experiences in a hospital or nursing care.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to prove care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Able to problem solve independently when warranted, demonstrates knowledge of medical practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and nursing care communities.
- Basic knowledge with office software applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Communicates with clients, family members and staff frequently.