Maintenance Support Tech Full Time with Benefits
Our Holly Creek Community is looking to fill the position of Maintenance Support Tech. If you are looking to join a team of skilled professionals that truly embrace promotion from within and opportunities for advancement in Facility Services Management, we may be the Organization for you!
The position is generally Monday - Friday, hours flexing from 7am - 3:30 pm, with weekend and after hours on-call rotation.
Some of the benefits that we provide:
- A robust paid time off package for both full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you are encouraged to embrace residents and their family members.
- Generous Scholarship and Debt Reduction opportunities available.
Salary Range: Minimum: $13.00/hour - Maximum: $14.55/hour.
Below is the Job Description for this position:
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, responsible for setting up and tearing down the tables, chairs and other furniture or set ups associated with community events. Responsible for assisting, inspecting, overseeing and troubleshooting work assignments and work performance as directed by supervisor. Performs a variety of repair or replacement duties relating to community building and grounds. Accountable for providing prompt and courteous responses to all resident and coworker’s environmental service related requests. Position requires the ability to multitask and reprioritize duties and assignments as the needs of the department require.
- Ensures the community is maintained in a sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition. Ensures grounds are kept clean and safe.
- Sets up, tears down and cleans up tables and chairs as needed prior to and following community events.
- Assists the supervisor with oversight of inventory, supplies and equipment as needed for the smooth functioning of day to day operations.
- Monitors requests for repairs and assists in the process as necessary.
- May perform light electrical, minor mechanical, plumbing, hanging pictures, janitorial and housekeeping tasks
- Responsible for inspecting the cleanliness of all designated areas.
- Assists with snow removal of parking lots and sidewalks.
- Assists and performs basic handyman tasks (changing light bulbs, plugging toilets, hanging pictures etc)
- Moves furniture for apartment remodels, show models, guest suites, and resident move ins and outs.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months experience in building/handyman or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Ability to complete tasks and self schedule work assignments
- Experience in use of dollies, hand trucks, and flatbeds
- Must have basic computer competency
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Moderate to heavy physical activity required by exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 45 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 22 pounds of force constantly.
- Constant standing, walking, and grasping. Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling, and squatting.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals and high heat.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.