Life Enrichment Coordinator
Clermont Park Retirement Community is looking to fill the position of Life Enrichment Coordinator.
A Certified Eden Alternative Community, Clermont Park prides itself in its five star CMS Rating as well as an unparalleled reputation of quality life enrichment programming and Resident satisfaction throughout the various levels of care in the Community. If your qualification match what we are looking for, we would love to see you apply and hope to get a chance to meet you.
Generally Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. - with flexibility for some evenings and some holidays as the needs of the Community change.
Salary Range: $14.08 - $16.50; Based On Experience
Under the guidance of the Director of Community Life, the Life Enrichment Coordinator plans, coordinates, supervises, manages and regularly evaluates the Life Enrichment programs in relevant neighborhoods as assigned by the Director. This is done by identifying the therapeutic and recreational needs of each individual and coordinating those programs to meet these needs on a group and/or individual basis. The Life Enrichment Coordinator works closely with the Community Life team, and other relevant partners to create an environment that fosters day to day engagement focused on respect, validation and successful aging. Under guidance and direction of department Director, the Coordinator may provide oversight and direction to assigned staff, to include support in hiring, scheduling, performance management, development, and training
- Oversees and implements meaningful activities, appropriate to the individual needs and interests of the residents.
- Coordinates Life Enrichment program and community events with the Community Life team and other departments through on-going communication and collaborative efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring all statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to this department are being met.
- Recognizes special needs within the resident populations and develops purposeful programs to meet those special needs.
- Develops, maintains, and posts a monthly calendar of events in the residents' neighborhood.
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator to implement a meaningful use of volunteers in the life enrichment program.
- Coordinates purchases and maintains supplies and equipment as needed.
- Conducts initial assessments on all new participants to evaluate their therapeutic and recreational needs
- Drives the bus for scenic rides and large group outings.
- In compliance with the Company’s policies and under the guidance of the Department Director, may be responsible for interviewing, hiring, developing, supervising and following the Company’s performance management policy with assigned staff.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in therapeutic recreation, music therapy or an educational emphasis on older adult development strongly preferred.
- 2-year experience in social or recreational programming working with seniors adults preferred.
- 1-year experience working with senior adults living with dementia required.
- Appropriate licensure to drive the community bus; CDL preferred.
- Ability to successfully to develop effective communication and form meaningful relationships with residents and families.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Proficient with applicable computer applications and competency in other technologies (tablet, touch screen, iPod, digital media, phone)
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with a team, inspire, motivate and collaborate.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with donors, families, volunteers, residents and numerous other staff members.