Life Enrichment Associate - Intermittent
The Life Enrichment Team at Someren Glen is looking for a Part Time Associate to join the team. If you are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for seniors that thrive in a Masterpiece Living Environment, this could be the job for you!
Just some of the benefits that we provide include:
- A robust paid time off package for both full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you are encouraged to embrace residents and their family members.
- Generous Scholarship and Tuition Debt Reduction opportunities available.
Scheduling is generally Thursday from 9:00am-5:30pm / Friday and Saturday from 10:00am-2:00pm with flexibility in hours and days for special events and celebrations in the Community. You must love working with older adults that have memory issues.
Minimum $11.50 per hour - Maximum $13.23 per hour
Summary of Position
Assists in the planning and implementation of a program of meaningful activities, appropriate to the needs and interests of the participants. Helps to provide programs that promote the creative, physical, spiritual, social, and mental wellbeing of each participant. In targeted environments. May participate in ADL’s as client needs demand.
- Assists with the delivery of the life enrichment program to include programming and implementation of activities or events.
- Assists in preparation and purchase of supplies and equipment as needed.
- Promotes exercise and wellness programs offered within Community.
- Assists with planning and executing excursions outside the primary community, including driving of participants
- Observes and communicates information to others directly involved in care regarding participant/resident needs, desires, and responses to programs and activities.
- Maintains records of resident participation in events or activities.
- May attends resident council meetings and/or care conferences as needed.
- Performs various clerical tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Activity Professional coursework preferred.
- 3+ months experience in a public service position.
- Basic computer proficiency on MS Office.
- Must possess a Colorado MVR in good standing
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members and visitors frequently.