Life Enrichment Associate II Full Time with Benefits
Suites at Someren Glen is looking for a Life Enrichment Associate II to deliver and present Community programming for our active and engaged residents. If you have a passion for seniors and truly believe that elders are able to continue to grow, thrive and contribute as people regardless of their age, then this position is for you. We looking for someone interested in joining a dynamic Life Enrichment Team.
The schedule for this Full Time and is generally Wednesday - Sunday (Weekends a must)
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with some flexibility based on the daily needs of the Life Enrichment calendar of events and Community needs.
This position qualifies for our Full Time Benefit Package, which includes a robust PTO plan and 403b Retirement Account.
The person hired for this position will be working in a variety of levels of care in both The Suites at Someren Glen and Someren Glen West as well as our Memory Care neighborhood. It does include driving for off-site events.
If your enthusiasm for the job and availability match what we are looking for, please apply today!
Salary Range is Minimum / $12.20 - Maximum / $14.04 (Based On Experience)
Assists in the planning and implementation of meaningful activities, appropriate to the individual needs and interests of the participants. Helps to provide programs as well as one to one activities that promote and empower the creative, physical, spiritual, social, and mental wellbeing of each participant. Coordinates small groups of similar interests and provides resources for others.
- Assists in writing, designing, distributing and evaluating the monthly life enrichment calendar.
- Inventories and purchases and stocks supplies and equipment as needed.
- Drives the bus for scenic rides and large and small group outings.
- May serve on various committees as directed.
- Serves as Director in Directors absence. May provide the Director support in various functions such as timecard administration, care conferences, budget compliance etc.
- Observes and communicates information to appropriate staff regarding residents needs, desires for, and responses to programs and activities.
- Compiles data for reporting purposes and performs various clerical tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Activity Professional coursework preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in recreational programming.
- Colorado drivers license in good standing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members and visitors frequently.