Licensed Practical Nurse - PRN
This PRN position located at our Clermont Park Community in Southeast Denver offers you a working atmosphere aligned with the teachings of the Eden Alternative Principles.
We embrace LPN's as the professionals they are, and provide a variety of opportunities for those looking to begin, launch or continue their nursing careers. We support growth and development of our nursing team in a variety of capacities that fit their individual path. Just some of the benefits we provider include:
- A work environment where you are encouraged to get to know and embrace residents and their family members.
- A variety of schedules, including 8 and 12 hour shifts, as well as Days, Nights & Evenings.
- Generous Shift Differential for Nights.
- The opportunity to be on a team with a Director of Nursing that values our caregivers, nurse professionals and supports their daily interaction with residents, visitors and fellow team members.
If you are looking to join a winning care team that prides itself in providing care the reflects dignity, respect and life enrichment you may want to read further for the job details and see if this is something you would like to apply for.
Schedule we are currently looking to fill: This is a PRN position with no set schedule.
Hiring wage range for this job: $21.00 min / $25.20 max (based on experience - those with verifiable years and qualifying experience as well as excellent references may be considered for higher than the maximum wage).
Position Summary: Responsible for organizing, directing and implementing resident care in accordance with the Organizations standards and as required by State and Federal regulations. Acts as the immediate supervisory team of direct caregivers in the Community and/or Neighborhood.
- Must be a currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Colorado in good standing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must have computer word processing and database experience.
- 1 year experience in long term care preferred.
- 1 year experience in overseeing and monitoring of other staff preferred.
- IV Certification preferred.
Essential Duties of the Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Attend appropriate Resident Care Conferences; maintains Resident Care Plans ensuring accuracy and relevancy.
- Prepare, administer and document medications according to physician orders; systematically order medications as needed and ensure that expired medications are replaced.
- Document resident care issues appropriately and report them to personnel as required.
- Recognize and identify signs and symptoms and use initiative and proper judgment in selecting appropriate treatment or procedures.
- Responsible for the immediate supervision and direction of caregivers and neighborhood associates working directly with residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Moderate physical activity required by handling up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 20 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, bloodborne pathogens and other infectious diseases.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members and visitors frequently.