Licensed Practical Nurse - PRN
This PRN position located at our Clermont Park Community in South Denver offers you a working atmosphere aligned with the teachings of the Eden Alternative Principles. This position alternates weekends with another LPN, and is primarily focused in our Assisted Living and Independent Living levels of care.
Salary Range: Minimum: $21.00/hour - Maximum: $25.20/hour
Below is the Job Description for this position:
Responsible for organizing, directing and implementing resident care in accordance with the Company standards and as required by State and Federal regulations.
* Attend appropriate Resident Care conferences; maintain Resident Care Plans ensuring accuracy and relevancy.
* Prepare, administer and document medications according to physician orders; systematically order medications as needed and ensure that expired medications are replaced.
* Document patient care issues appropriately and report them to personnel as required.
* Recognize and identify signs and symptoms and use initiative and proper judgment in selecting appropriate treatment or procedures.
* Responsible for the immediate supervision and direction of ancillary personnel.
* Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
* Colorado State Licensed Practical Nurse license, in good standing.
* 1-year experience in a long-term care facility preferred.
* 1-year experience in overseeing and monitoring other staff preferred.
* IV Certification preferred.
* Must have computer word processing and database experience.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 20 pounds frequently.
* Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases.
* Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.