Licensed Practical Nurse - Evening Shift
The Skilled Nursing Team at Holly Creek is looking to hire a Full Time LPN (Resident Services Manager) to join their Evening Shift rotation on a full time basis. The Management Team at Holly Creek fully believe that empowered employees are the key to great quality care.
Some of the benefits that we offer are:
- A robust paid time off package for both full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you are encouraged to embrace residents and their family members.
- Generous Scholarship and Tuition Debt Reduction opportunities available.
- A variety of schedules, including 8 and 12 hour shifts, as well as Days, Nights and Evenings.
- Shift Differential for Nights.
Current scheduling is 2:00pm - 11:30pm (9 Hour Shifts).
Week One: Sun, Wed, Thurs | Week Two: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat
Salary Range: Minimum: $21.00/hour - Maximum: $25.20/hour
Below is the Job Description for this position:
Provides professional nursing care for residents. Coordinates care and services based on resident needs and individual preferences determined by ongoing assessment and evaluation. Under the guidance of the Director, may be charged with oversight in a specialty area. Leads staff in education-based expertise, to provide a holistic and person-centered model of care for residents. Responsible for the day to day administration of established policies and programs and supervises direct caregivers..
- May be responsible for completion of MDS and initiating resident-centered care plans.
- Continuously evaluates and updates resident-centered care plans with input from the residents, families, and the care planning team.
- Participates in resident care conferences.
- Listens to resident, family, and/or physician concerns and initiates corrective action.
- Recognizes and identifies signs and symptoms and uses initiative and proper judgment in selecting appropriate treatment or procedures.
- Communicates with other nursing staff, physician, pharmacist, resident, family member and others with need to know on resident’s status.
- Ensures protection of resident privacy and confidentiality.
- Maybe responsible in providing Life Enrichment opportunities to improve the quality of Resident life.
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications according to physician orders. Ensures that needed medications are available and expired medications are destroyed per protocol.
- Assesses and treats wounds and skin ailments.
- Keeps resident at highest level of functioning possible by coordinating therapy and services as needed.
- Communicates with and reports to the Health Services Director concerns, incidents, and progress of residents.
- Documents assessment findings, interventions, and follow-up.
- Supervises, coaches, and disciplines nursing support staff and reports staff concerns to the Health Services Director.
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
- A Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado, active and in good standing.
- 2-3 years experience working in a skilled nursing or subacute setting preferred.
- Advanced relevant education or certification required. Examples include: Eden Associates or Alzheimer’s and dementia certifications, wound care programs, management education. (The ED of the Community has final approval as to education requirements)
- 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity strongly preferred..
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must have computer word process, email management, and database experience
- Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, and visitors frequently.