Housekeeper Full Time with Benefits
Our Environmental Services Teams at our Communities pride themselves in the work they do to keep our neighborhoods and residential suites clean, sanitary and a comfortable living spaces for our residents. Environmental Services Associates serve as key team members of the entire care plan and overall satisfaction of residents that reside in our Communities. Whether working in our health suites, assisted living or our tailored living neighborhoods, each team member provides a critical role in the overall health, safety and wellbeing of our seniors.
This position which is titled Environmental Services Associate I is cross-trained in a variety of areas throughout the Community. Associates in this role will provide housekeeping and laundry services to residents, but at the same time be empowered to create those warm and friendly relationships with residents, their family members and fellow associates.
Our Environmental Services Team Professionals enjoy some of the following benefits by working at CLC:
- Scheduled shifts that guarantee your hours to balance your personal life.
- We offer a generous paid time off package to both our full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you get to know residents on a first name basis.
- Generous Scholarship and Tuition Debt Reduction opportunities available.
- Tuition Reimbursement program for those pursuing a career or education outside of healthcare.
- We are a not-for-profit organization that focuses on providing a safe and enriched environment for both our residents and our associates.
- We are a WorkLife Partnership employer, and are proud to provide this value added benefit and service to our employees, completely free of charge.
Schedule we are currently looking to fill: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Although this is the current schedule we are looking to fill, please understand that schedules may change according to the needs and the demands of the Community.
Hiring wage range for this job: Minimum $11.50 - Maximum $13.23 (based on experience - those with verifiable years and qualifying experience as well as excellent references may be considered for higher than the maximum wage).
Position Summary: The Environmental Services Associate I requires someone to be able to and willing to perform the functions of both a housekeeper and laundry personnel. This position is essential in the detailed cleanliness, organization and overall sanitation of resident suites, apartments and common areas of the neighborhoods in our Communities. This position is also responsible for the care of and laundering of resident personal clothing, community linens, drapes and other necessary laundry care duties.
Basic Requirements & Experience Needed:
- Must be able to understand the English language.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have an excellent presentation of customer service skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend safety procedures and policies.
- Must be able to read and comprehend chemical hazards and be able to respond to chemical exposure procedures.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and 9 panel drug screen.**
- Must successfully pass an Isokinetic pre-employment screening.
- Must be able to participate in Community Health Programs, including TB Screening, Flu-Shot Vaccination and voluntary Hepatitis B Vaccination program.
- 3-6 months experience in housekeeping or laundry is preferred, but not required.
Essential Duties of the Environmental Services Associate I:
- Responsible for dusting and polishing furniture to include picture frames, mirrors and other items in the room.
- Washes and disinfects all countertops and sink areas according to specified procedures.
- Mops and disinfects bathrooms and floors; vacuums all carpeted areas.
- Responsible for refilling paper products and soap dispensers; empties trash.
- Vacuums and mops common areas and public bathrooms on each unit.
- Performs detailed cleaning assignments as directed.
- Ensures washing and drying machines are in use consistently.
- Collects, sorts, washes, dries and folds resident personal clothing, including linens, rags and mop heads.
- Delivers clean personal items to the appropriate resident.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Moderate to heavy physical activity required by exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 45 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 22 pounds of force constantly.
- Constant standing, walking and grasping.
- Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling and squatting.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable disease possible.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors and fellow associates frequently.