Housekeeper Full Time with Benefits
Our Environmental Services Teams at our Communities pride themselves in the work they do to keep our neighborhoods and residential suites clean, sanitary and a comfortable living spaces for our residents. Environmental Services Associates serve as key team members of the entire care plan and overall satisfaction of residents that reside in our Communities.
This position requires competency in both housekeeping and laundry functions. Responsible for the cleanliness and proper sanitation of all resident apartments, offices, and common areas of the community. Performs detailed cleaning of resident apartments and prepares empty apartments for move-ins. Responsible for the laundering of linens and resident personal clothing within the assigned area of service.
Our Environmental Services Team Professionals enjoy some of the following benefits by working at CLC:
- Scheduled shifts that guarantee your hours to balance your personal life.
- We offer a generous paid time off package to both our full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you get to know residents on a first name basis.
- We are a not-for-profit organization that focuses on providing a safe and enriched environment for both our residents and our associates.
- We are a WorkLife Partnership employer, and are proud to provide this value added benefit and service to our employees, completely free of charge.
Schedule we are currently looking to fill: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri , and Sat - 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Although this is the current schedule we are looking to fill, please understand that schedules may change according to the needs and the demands of the Community.
Hiring wage range for this job: Minimum $11.50 - Maximum $13.23 (based on experience - those with verifiable years and qualifying experience as well as excellent references may be considered for higher than the maximum wage).
Basic Requirements & Experience Needed:
- Three to six months experience in housekeeping and/or laundry procedures, preferably in a health care community. Ability to complete tasks from a checklist operation schedule.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Essential Duties of the Environmental Services Associate I:
- Responsible for dusting and polishing furniture to include picture frames, mirrors and other items in the resident’s apartment.
- Washes and disinfects all countertops and sink areas according to specified procedures.
- Cleans refrigerator in resident apartments
- May wash, dry and put dishes away for some residents as assigned.
- Returns any community owned dishes to the community kitchen as needed
- Mops, cleans and disinfects bathrooms and floors; vacuums all carpeted areas.
- Responsible for refilling paper products and soap dispensers; empties trash.
- Vacuums and mops common areas, hallways, stairways, utility rooms and offices.
- Responsible for cleaning of common areas and public bathrooms on each neighborhood.
- Performs detailed cleaning assignments as directed.
- Collects, sorts, washes, dries, and folds resident personal clothing. Delivers clean personal items to the appropriate resident.
- Collects and washes linens, rags, and mop heads.
- May also be asked to clean dining room tables and chairs after meals
- Report supplies needed to Maintenance Coordinator and may assist Coordinator in assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Moderate to heavy physical activity required by exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 45 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 22 pounds of force constantly.
- Constant standing, walking and grasping. Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling and squatting.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable disease possible.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors and fellow associates frequently.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: iteUOracCJ