Home Care Certified Nursing Assistant
Home Care Services is an important component of keeping people active, healthy and happy in their homes. Our Community Support Services Team provides that key component of keeping residents as active and independent as possible. Our Home Care Certified Nursing Assistants provide a variety of services to our residents that help them achieve their continued independence in their homes, from assistance with medication administration, grooming and bathing as well as some one on one care for those needing extra TLC.
Our Home Care CNA's are a critical care partner on the Home Care Services Team, our CNA's are valued and are an essential part of the everyday care planning and implementation of delivering individualized client health and well-being needs.
We embrace CNA's as the professionals they are, and provide a variety of opportunities for those looking to be career CNA's as well as those looking for a career path in the nursing field. Just some of the benefits we provide include:
- A robust paid time off accrual for Home Care Services Associates.
- A work environment where you are encouraged to embrace residents and their family members.
- Generous Scholarship opportunities to help advance your career, whatever that may look like.
- A variety of schedules, including 8 and 12 hour shifts, as well as Days, Nights and Evenings.
- Overnight shifts available.
- The opportunity to be on a team of Home Care Professionals that values our caregivers and supports their daily interaction with clients.
If you are looking to work in for a Home Care Services program where your natural talent to care for people can be appreciated, valued and recognized, you may want to consider reading further about this job, and applying with us.
Hiring Wage Range: Minimum $12.77 - Maximum $15.00 (based on experience - those with verifiable and qualifying experience may be considered for higher than the maximum hiring wage).
Position Summary: The Home Care Services CNA provides personal care services in accordance with the policies and requirements of Home Care Services, as well as the service arrangements in the client plan of care.
Basic Requirements & Experience Needed:
- Must be a current Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and 9 panel drug screen.
- Must successfully pass an Isokinetic pre-employment screening.
- Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) Certification preferred.
- 3-6 months experience in long term care preferred.
Essential Duties of the Home Care Services Certified Nursing Assistant:
- Observation and maintenance of the home environment that ensures the safety and security of the client.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, may need to assist with feeding assistance to clients.
- Housekeeping and laundry services.
- Assist clients with personal care needs, such as bathing, oral care, hair care, nail care, medication reminders, incontinence care, transferring, dressing, undressing and ambulation.
- Companionship, including but not limited to social interaction, conversation, emotional support and mind stimulating activities.
- Documentation of the services provided, including the date and times; reports changes to supervisor.
- When ordered by a physician or health care professional may perform CNA duties in accordance with certification guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to household chemicals.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with clients, family members and visitors frequently.