Health and Wellness Director
This is an exciting opportunity to work in our newest community, Dayspring Villa in North Denver. It will utilize many different job skills. If you are looking to join a winning care team that prides itself in providing care that reflects dignity, respect and life enrichment you may want to read further for the job details and see if this is something you would like to apply for.
Exempt Position with Director level benefits and compensation.
Schedule is typically Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Hiring wage range for this job: Minimum $22.00 - Maximum $26.40 (based on experience)
Under the guidance and supervision of the Community Executive Director, manages the day-to-day oversight of the department. Responsible for assessing residents who transition between levels of service. Recruits, hires, schedules, orients, supervises, evaluates and trains department team members. Works with the Executive Director to effectively hire and retain employees. Embraces an active and thriving resident directed culture and incorporates principles of successful aging into programming and department oversight.
Essential Duties of the Health and Wellness Director:
- Manages the resident preadmission and annual change of condition assessments.
- Monitors resident changes that may prompt an evaluation for higher levels of care or additional supportive services.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day physician orders to include labs, prescriptions and other clinical needs.
- Responsible for coordinating physician appointments as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating ancillary care services, as directed, for the residents.
- Develops and completes care plans. Schedules and manages care conferences with families and residents
- Conducts and reports quarterly MAR audits.
- Ensures all team member tuberculosis (TBs) tests are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicates, collaborates and problem solves as needed with the Community Executive Director on relevant issues in the department
- Performs necessary clinical duties as required.
- Communicates effectively with residents, families, physicians and others.
- Collaborates with the life enrichment and dining services team leaders to deliver quality and meaningful programming.
- Oversees medication management to residents. Prepares, administers and documents medications according to physician orders. Ensures needed medications are available.
- Responsible for the timely destruction of expired medication as per policy.
- Available for on call rotation as determined by supervisor.
- Establishes and ensures that staffing levels and scheduling patterns are adequate and appropriate for staff coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
- Colorado Licensed Practical Nurse licensure minimally required, in good standing.
- 1-year experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must have computer processing and electronic medical database experience such as Point Click Care.
- 1 year experience in an Assisted Living setting.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other communicable diseases
- Sits, stands, bends, and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7clSOo8tcC