Float Pool Dayspring Care Partner ($12.17 - $14.00)
Community Support Services provides staffing resources to all of our Communities, and serves as an important component of the overall care teams of the organization. Our Float Pool Team of Professionals is looking for Caregiver/QMAPS that pride themselves in providing quality care and services to seniors in a variety of levels of care. Our Caregiver/QMAP's are valued and are an essential part of the everyday care planning and implementation of delivering individualized resident health needs.We embrace Caregiver/QMAP's as the professionals they are. The Float Pool Caregiver/QMAP's service our newest community in North Denver, Dayspring Villa.
Members of our Float Pool must be: Independent workers, able to problem solve on their own, and be dependable and able to adapt to the changes and needs of the staffing patterns throughout the company.
If you are looking to work in a Community where your natural talent to care for people can be appreciated, valued and recognized, you may want to consider reading further about this job, and applying with us.
Hiring Wage Range for Caregiver/QMAP's: Minimum $12.17 - Maximum $14.00 (based on experience - those with verifiable and qualifying experience may be considered for higher than the maximum hiring wage).
Position Summary: Responsible for meeting the daily personal care needs of the residents in a manner that aligns with CLC's million and values and meets the regulatory requirements of the community. Anticipates, identifies and reports care needs. Supervises medications for residents using established procedures under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Reviews medication administration records (MAR) and administers medications to right resident, right dose, right time, right medication, and right route.
Basic Requirements & Experience Needed:
- Appropriate Colorado Medication certification (QMAP) in good standing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- High school or Equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year experience in some level of elder care preferred
- Proficient computer skills preferred
- Strong self-management and organization skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to handle competing deadlines, flexible and adaptable (open to change).
- Ability to effectively handle difficult and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
Essential Duties of the Float Pool Certified Nursing Assistant:
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely manner and provides assistance with ADLs as requested by residents or directed by supervisor.
- Provides personal care services to residents such as assistance with bathing, dressing, attendance at meals, laundry, etc. with attention to individual resident needs (i.e., hair is combed, shoes are tied, oral hygiene, etc.)
- Anticipates and identifies any resident care needs and reports to supervisor (i.e., hygiene needs, broken eye glasses, skin rash, lost hearing aids, supply needs, etc.).
- Responds to the needs of family members as appropriate
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and/or peers to promote awareness of resident issues.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of residents
- Reports suspicion of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of resources as required by regulation.
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise, to supervisor.
- Monitors and documents resident’s condition as directed.
- Assists residents with prescribed daily medication routine as appropriate and in accordance with state law.
- Alerts RN/LPN and/or supervisor of any questions or concerns with medication records/supply.
- Ensures that proper documentation occurs timely including any refusal of medication and/or treatment.
- Restocks medication carts, drawers and/or storage areas with miscellaneous supplies only (i.e. gloves, sanitizer cups, etc.)
- Completes work orders to communicate necessary replacements or repairs.
- Attends, participates and contributes to monthly staff meetings addressing resident and departmental needs
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Constant standing, walking, and grasping. Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling, and squatting.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
- Possible exposure to household chemicals.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with clients, family members and visitors frequently.