Fantastic opportunity for an experienced, passionate and innovative assisted living executive director to join the Cappella Living Solutions team as the leader of Melody Living, a newly constructed assisted living community in Colorado Springs. This is your chance to open a new building, hire your dream team and create the community you’ve always wanted to lead!
Melody Living, a community of 57 assisted living and 22 memory support apartments, is scheduled to start moving in residents in June 2018. In preparation, we will be bringing the Executive Director on board in September 2017. The Executive Director will be employed by Cappella Living Solutions, the manager of the community. We are an innovative and passionate organization with a fanatical focus on team member and resident empowerment and person directed principles. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced assisted living leader with entrepreneurial spirit. Check us out! www.cappellaliving.com
Responsible for leading, directing, overseeing and evaluating the operations of an assisted living and memory support community. Plans, recommends, complies with, reviews, interprets, implements and evaluates regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring maximum quality of life for the residents. Responsible for the oversight and performance of all community departments. Develops, oversees and monitors the operating and capital budgets. Hires, trains, manages, and evaluates leadership team members and volunteers. Promotes quality of life and exceptional customer service. Promotes and fosters unity, transparency and consistency in people and programs.
- Coordinates the operation and delivery of services of the community departments. Responsible for the supervision of the community department managers and others, as appropriate. Responsible for team building, motivating, leading, hiring, retaining, mentoring, directing and evaluating these individuals.
- In collaboration with the Director of Sales and Marketing, leads the marketing, sales, leasing and/or admission/move in functions to ensure budgeted occupancy goals are met. Uses expertise to continually assess economic indicators, marketplace conditions and resident needs to determine strategy needed to achieve targeted goals.
- Responsible for overseeing all agreements/contracts with vendors for required services within the scope of their authority and in compliance with established guidelines. Reviews competitive bids and recommends major contracts for approval and approves invoices.
- Develops new programs and evaluates current programs to enhance the welfare of the residents/clients. Responsible for establishing and communicating the Community’s Standards of Service and ensures standards are practiced on a consistent basis.
- Promotes education and a teaching/learning environment.
- Responsible for developing an achievable annual operating budget and ensures performance is managed to meet or exceed projections in accordance to the owners objectives
- In coordination with the Business Office Manager, responsible for managing accounts receivable, keeping A/R current at all times.
- Ensures all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of the processes and programs in the entities supervised.
- Regularly monitors buildings and grounds to ensure they are attractive, safe and in good repair.
- Establishes and develops effective relationships and communication with residents, families, vendors, community groups, trade organizations, and community ownership.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Public Health Administration, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, Hospitality or other related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must successfully complete the Administrator Training for Assisted Living Residences and obtain certification.
- 3-5 years experience in a leadership position in a field of service related to service to people and/or administration.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem solving abilities.
- Experience in personnel management, relationship sales, strategic and operational planning required.
- Proficient in the use of relevant technology applicable for the position.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English).
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with donors, families, volunteers, residents and numerous other staff members.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4rq7zuMvCK