Connections Committee Coach - Part Time
Life Enrichment is seeking a dynamic team member to coach/facilitate an afternoon committee of residents living with early to mid stage Dementia. The successful candidate will have experience and understanding of dementia and the progression of the disease. This natural leader will encourage and guide (up to 8) committee members to plan and participate in various activities and programs. The purpose of this role is to increase engagement of members that enhances physical, social, spiritual and relational skills and abilities.
Generally Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
We embrace our associates as the professionals they are, and provide a variety of opportunities for those looking to work in an awesome Community with awesome team members. Just some of the benefits we provide include:
- A robust paid time off accrual for both full and part time associates.
- A work environment where you are encouraged to embrace residents and their family members.
- Generous Scholarship opportunities to help advance your career, whatever that may look like.
If you are looking to work in a Community where your natural talent to care for people can be appreciated, valued and recognized, you may want to consider reading further about this job, and applying with us.
Wage Range: $12.22 - $14.04 Based on Experience
Position Summary: Assists in the planning and implementation of meaningful activities, appropriate to the individual needs and interests of the participants. Helps to provide programs as well as one to one activities that promote and empower the creative, physical, spiritual, social, and mental wellbeing of each participant. Coordinates small groups of similar interests and provides resources for others. The position will act as a coach or facilitator for a new program developed for independent residents that are currently managing early stage dementia as a way for them to reengage in the community and form meaningful friendships with others.
Basic Requirements & Experience Needed:
- 1-2 Years experience in recreational programming.
- 1 Year direct experience working with older adults with dementia.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Essential Duties of the Connections Committee Coach:
- Assists in writing, designing, distributing and evaluating the monthly life enrichment calendar.
- Inventories and purchases and stocks supplies and equipment as needed.
- Drives the bus for scenic rides and large and small group outings.
- May serve on various committees as directed.
- Observes and communicates information to appropriate staff regarding residents needs, desires for, and responses to programs and activities.
- Compiles data for reporting purposes and performs various clerical tasks.
- Ensures cleanliness and safety of the program area.
- Sets up activities and orders daily refreshments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members and visitors frequently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite