Concierge - Weekends
Our Someren Glen Community is looking to fill this less than part time position of a Weekend Evening Shift Security Concierge.
Every weekend 4:30 pm - 1:00 am (16 hours Per Week).
Salary Range: $11.50 - $13.23 (Based on Experience).
Below is the Job Description for this position:
The Concierge is the central point of contact and responds to security-related issues including include emergency medical situations that occur during the night shift. Responsible for ensuring building security and guarding the community’s property during the late night hours. Provides for the safety and protection of residents, guests and employees. Answers residents’ questions. Anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct using established protocols. Answers phones and serves as a general source of Community information.
- Makes periodic security rounds of the building inspecting for building irregularities, protection devised, exterior doors and exits, and other assigned areas.
- Preserves order during the night shift and may enforce established protocols pertaining to others and premises.
- Communicates effectively to management about any unusual activity occurring during their shift.
- Screens incoming calls; takes messages and/or forwards calls as appropriate. Greets and gives directions or information to residents, visitors, guests and vendors.
- Maintains various records, prepares reports and performs miscellaneous clerical tasks.
- Monitors emergency computer and alarm systems.
- Receives and processes work orders for the community.
- Provides effective and courteous service to others, including residents, guests and co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Requires working knowledge of multi-extension, multi-line telephone
- Able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of security and monitoring systems, including alarm systems.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must possess strong communicating and excellent customer service skills.
- Position requires moderate physical activity. Handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.