Billing Specialist I
Christian Living Communities is looking for a Full Time Billing Specialist to join our Accounting Team at the Home Office. Hours are generally Monday - Friday 8 hours a day (Start time is flexible)
Salary Range: Minimum: $18.00/hour - Maximum: $21.60/hour
Performs billing and accounting functions for the company in accordance with industry standards as well as those practices set forth by the Company. Responsibilities may include all or some of the following: billing, account reconciliation, and audit preparation assistance.
- Prepares, maintains and is knowledgeable of resident accounts; distributes account statements accurately recording disbursements, billing charges, cash receipts and all other adjustment transactions on billing statements.
- Performs billing for any combination of the following: Medicare A & B, Managed Care and other third party billing.
- Conducts monthly triple check meeting at community with Associate Executive Director, Health Information, Therapy Director and MDS.
- Maintains company cash accounts, accurately records changes and adjustments in appropriate documents; performs timely account reconciliation of Company bank accounts.
- Provides information to residents, their family members and all third party vendors and/or inquiries made regarding accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
- 1-3 years experience in accounts receivable in a health care community.
- Familiarity and knowledge of computer software applications relevant to the job.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Physical effort generally not required.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, and third party vendor’s frequently.