Adult Day Coordinator
Our Clermont Park Team is looking to fill the position of Adult Day Coordinator. If you are looking to join a team of dynamic performers that thrive from enriching the quality and dignity of life for seniors, this may be the job for you! Generally Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm, this position does require some flexibility outside those normal business hours based upon the needs of both the Community and Participants in the program.
This position is eligible for our full time benefits package that includes a robust PTO plan as well as Medical, Dental and other great work-life balance benefits.
Salary Range: Minimum: $21.00/hour - Maximum: $25.20/hour (based upon experience)
Below is the Job Description for this position:
Under the direction and guidance of the Community Executive Director or Associate Executive Director, is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the Adult Day program by assessing, implementing and managing the participant’s individualized social, physical, and recreational goals. Responsible for the daily physical care of participants. Responsible for hiring, evaluating, training, and supporting team members. Responsible for the ongoing creation and maintenance of the team member work schedule, for orientating and training new and current staff and for the day to day assignment of duties. Responsible for ensuring all statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the program are being met.
- Coordinates the day to day planning, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Assists their supervisor in developing, implementing and complying with the annual budget.
- Maintains an open and active communication link to participants and families.
- Supports participant enrollment by collaborating with the sales and marketing team to provide program information to prospective clients and their families.
- May be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of individual participant care plans.
- Ensures the availability of competent and skilled team members necessary to provide and support quality program delivery.
- Provides leadership related to issues, trends and programming.
- May assist others in assessing prospective and current participants.
- Recognizes special needs within the participant population and develops programs to meet those special needs (i.e. Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, Secure Care etc.)
- Oversees medication administration services for participants.
- Works with the volunteer coordinator to implement a meaningful use of volunteers in the life enrichment program
- Manages employee timecards including implementing schedules and approving payroll.
- Develops and assists with implementation of monthly activity calendar based upon participant needs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of an individualized care plan for participants.
- May be responsible for initial assessments on new participants to evaluate their needs.
- Coordinates and maintains supplies and equipment as needed.
- Ensures the cleanliness and safety of the Adult Day program area.
- Addresses participant and family concerns as they arise to conclusion.
- Manages occurrence reporting to include managing and investigating the complaint or issue.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent; relevant Associates Degree or BS preferred.
- State of Colorado Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in an adult day program or similar senior living environment.
- Social work, Life Enrichment, Occupational therapy and professional course work or experience in a senior living environment preferred. Must have professional experience working with individuals living with dementia.
- Ability to demonstrate technical competence in the relevant software applications.
- Experience with personnel management preferred.
- Active Colorado Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking and customer service skills.
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members and visitors frequently.