Accounts Payable and Accounting Coordinator
Christian Living Communities is looking for a Full Time Accounts Payable and Accounting Coordinator to join our Accounting Team at our Community Support Office.
The schedule is a follows: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Responsible for the timely and accurate review, posting and payment of vendor invoices. Performs a variety of detailed accounting tasks in accordance with standard accounting procedures under general supervision and guidance. Functions may include bank reconciliations, maintenance of accounting schedules, payroll support and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Works in conjunction with 3rd party providers to ensure accurate and timely availability to online invoice approval portal.
- Maintains daily expense reporting from 3rd party vendor via file import/export process.
- Receives approved invoices/check requests for payment and verifies the accuracy of general ledger account coding and signatures.
- Conducts check runs, processing payments for all approved invoices both in house and electronically.
- Maintains and tracks all labor payments and issues annual 1099 forms as appropriate.
- Maintains a consistent method of filing invoices and payments for record keeping purposes.
- Serves as a backup to the Payroll Director.
- Assists with the monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
- Maintains accounting schedules and prepares month-end journal entries.
- Performs month-end account reconciliations.
- Assists with data entry for payments/charges for billing team.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating Masterpiece Living and Eden Alternative initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree in Accounting or Business related field preferred
- 1-3 years experience in Long Term Care Business Environment Preferred
- Accounting Software Experience Preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Able to read, write, and speak with English language
- Frequently sits, occasionally stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with co-workers frequently and occasionally with residents.